Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Cash account for multiple sub-portfolios?

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby sollner » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Hello Mark,
I have multiple sub-portfolios in a single Fidelity account, so that I can track and compare different investment strategies. The problem is the default cash account. There is an investment in the Fidelity account used as a cash account, but I can't find a way to use it as the default cash account in the several sub-portfolios. This may be the reason that I always have to correct the value of the Fidelity cash account in FM whenever I reconcile FM with Fidelity.

Is there a way to use a single cash account for multiple sub-portfolios? If not, is there a strategy to keep the cash account balanced? I would have thought that since I download transactions in my cash account it would stay balanced, but it seems to need correction frequently.

Thanks,
Gerry
sollner

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 am

Hi Gerry,

Yes, just set it up like this:

Code: Select all
- Master
  - Fidelity
    - Strategy1
    - Strategy2

Assign the transaction retrieve settings and your default cash account at the "Fidelity" level. At your "Strategy" levels, do not have a default cash account, or transaction retrieve enabled. When you retrieve at the Fidelity level, it will apply the updates to any matching investment in any lower level sub-portfolio, and put the cash in whatever investment is assigned as your default cash account to the Fidelity sub-portfolio.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sollner » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Perfect!
Thanks, Mark.
Gerry
sollner

Return to General