Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

File > Recent and Reports

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 am

Hi Mark,

In the Options, my investments are saved on exit but not my main Portfolio.

So, when I want to reset the setup of my Portfolio to the saved state (in order to close the windows I've opened, etc.), I often just reload the portfolio from the File menu > recent list. This is a quick way to reload, instead of closing totally Fund Manager and restart it. But, in this case, the report windows opened in the previous session remain opened. This is the difference with closing the program and restart. Concerning the graph windows, they are reseted correctly. Perhaps the opened reports should be closed in both cases?
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:00 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

It does work this way. When you open a portfolio file, only the reports saved in that just opened portfolio file should be opened. Reports that were open when you opened the new portfolio file will be closed. Maybe your just opened portfolio file is the same, so it looks like it left the old reports open, but they were actually just re-created.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:12 am

Hi Mark,

No opened report window are saved in my portfolio file. So if I close Fund Manager and restart it, the porfolio is opened with no report opened.
If I reload the porfolio with the File menu > Recent entry, this should be the same behavior, no? But it's not the case, the report windows remain opened from the previous (not saved) portfolio.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:28 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Check from within a report window that you have on this option:

Options / Report Preferences... / Other / Portfolios Store and Recall Reports
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Bingo! Thanks.