Re: Internet Retrieve Transactions
In Reply to: Re: Internet Retrieve Transactions posted by mary on December 07, 2002 at 09:29:51:
You can read about this feature in Fund Manager by selecting "Help/Contents",
Fund Manager can retrieve and update transactions for the currently opened investments from the internet. Retrieving transactions is a separate command from retrieving prices. To retrieve prices see Retrieving Prices from the Internet.
1) Using your web browser sign onto your “My Yahoo” account at http://my.yahoo.com. If you do not already have an account, you must sign up for one. This is a free service from Yahoo, and takes only a minute to sign up.
2) At “My Yahoo”, under the “Choose Content” section make sure “Stock Portfolios” are turned on.
3) From your “My Yahoo” page, under the “Portfolios” section, click on the “Edit” button to add a new portfolio.
4) Select the “Import your Brokerage Portfolio” link.
5) Follow the steps to link your brokerage or fund company to your “My Yahoo” account. If you do not already have one, you will need to sign up for a Yahoo Security Key. This is a free/quick process. You will need to link each online account you want to import into Fund Manager to your “My Yahoo” account.
6) For each investment in Fund Manager that you would like to retrieve transactions for you will specify which Yahoo Portfolio that investment is associated with. Each Yahoo portfolio will have an address (URL) that looks something like this:
Yahoo supports many, but not all, brokerages and mutual fund companies. Fund Manager can only retrieve transactions from Yahoo supported brokerages/fund companies. You must also be signed up with your brokerage or fund company for online access before linking to your “My Yahoo” account. This is usually also a quick and free process that you can usually do over the web at your broker/fund company’s web site.
The command to perform the transaction retrieve is Edit/Internet Retrieve/Transactions or use the button on the toolbar, or use the shortcut key F8.
|Copyright ©1993-2014 Beiley Software, Inc. All rights reserved.|