Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Simulate Right Mouse Click

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby paulstonge » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:08 am

Pressing Shift F10 simulates the right mouse click in the typical MS system. That does not seem to work in FM. Am I missing something? I would like to use it in an automated script.
paulstonge

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:19 am

Hi paulstonge,

Fund Manager doesn't currently support this shortcut. All right mouse menu items are also available via the top level menu though, which is accessible via keyboard shortcuts. For example, to bring up the properties dialog of a selected item in the Portfolio Editor you can either right mouse click and choose "Properties...", or you can select "Edit / Properties..." from the top level menu. To access any top level menu item via the keyboard, hold down the Alt key and you will see one character of each menu item underlined. This is the key you would need to press to choose that menu item.

So, to activate "Edit / Properties..." in our example, use Alt+E and then press S.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby paulstonge » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:25 am

Yes I understand the those. But the only way to retreive "Selected" prices for a specified portfolio is the right click on that portfolio. Even with the specified portfolio highlighted, using Edit, Internet Retrieve, Prices updates all portfolios.
paulstonge

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:11 am

Hi paulstonge,

Ahh, I see, you are right, we don't have this as a top level menu command. We'll look into adding this and/or making keyboard shortcuts to bring up the right mouse menu. Both of these would be good improvements.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions