Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fidelity Bonds

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Baabr » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:35 am

I have munis in Morgan Stanley and they update with no problem. I added munis to my Fidelity account and they won't update. I perform a Reconcile and it shows the bonds, but then requires tedious manual entry. Is there a better way?
Baabr

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:39 am

Hi Baabr,

How did you "add munis" to your account? Did you buy them, transfer them in, or how? However you got those munis, should have a corresponding transaction. If you retrieve transactions for the date where the munis were added to your account, you should get transactions to represent this. If not, try temporarily turning off the "Skip transactions already in Fund Manager" option, to see if they aren't already in there somehow, and you're just not seeing them. Go "Back" or "Cancel" at the Preview screen, so you don't actually import twice. If you can't find any record of these transactions when retrieving, then you can check the transaction retrieve log file, and see if they are mentioned at all. You can find the xmldump.txt log file here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Baabr » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:13 am

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I was on the road for a few weeks. I bought the bonds. I tried all of your recommendations (checked transactions in the appropriate account during the period surrounding the purchase date, checked xmldump.txt log file, and turned off "skip ..."), and the bonds did not appear. But, they do show up in Reconcile. Any other suggestions? Also, today my Vanguard accounts wouldn't update (has nothing to do with the bond problem).
Baabr

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:35 am

Hi Baabr,

If you retrieved transactions over a date range where you purchased bonds, and you see no sign of those transactions in the xmldump.txt file, then for some reason your broker isn't providing them. You would need to contact your broker and ask them why they're not showing up in the transaction feed.

The Vanguard OFX server recently underwent some changes, so we had to release an update. Use "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." to download the current transaction module (196). That should resolve the Vanguard issue.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Baabr » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Thanks, Vanguard OK now. I entered the bonds manually and the prices are updated by Fidelity.
Baabr

Return to Prices and Transactions