Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

IRA RMDs

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby bloveless » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi Mark,

I could not find RMDs discussed. I tried making a new label RMD under distributions, but couldn't get the cash account right. Is there a way to keep track of the RMDs that will deduct properly from the cash account so that a report can be run to list the distributions? Thanks - Bill
Bill
bloveless

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi Bill,

Are you talking about "Required Minimum Distributions"? If so, these are simply recorded as sell transactions. You are redeeming shares, and receiving the cash. Despite the similar name, these aren't recorded as "distributions" in Fund Manager, they are sells. A distribution is like a dividend, interest, etc, where you receive money from the investment, but the number of shares owned doesn't change.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby bloveless » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:15 am

Yes, I'm speaking of "required Minimum Distributions" or any distribution from an IRA. I realize that it is a "sell" or redemption of shares - but he question really is: how best to tract these transactions? Is there a way that you can do it from the memo section? Thanks.
Bill
bloveless

Postby bloveless » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:29 am

Hi Mark,

Disregard my questions; I see that I can run a custom report, filtered by the memo - and it works perfectly!! Thanks!
Bill
bloveless

Return to Prices and Transactions