Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transactions not Posting - Schwab Download

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby gcm223 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:23 am

I run Advisor -

First issue:
When deposits are made to client accounts whether it is checks or automatic deposits, the transaction posts backwards. For example, I have a client that adds 600 a month to their account. The 600 posts as a redemption.

Second issue:
When the money market pays a dividend, the dividend does not post to the client account. The transaction does not come across on the download file.
gcm223

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:30 am

Hi gcm223,

It sounds like you may have an issue with how your default cash accounts are assigned. You can check the default cash account assignment under the "Properties..." of the sub-portfolio.

Issue 1: Maybe the 600 is getting added into some investment, but a different investment is designated as the default cash account, so it gets subtracted from the default cash account?

Issue 2: Are you using the Scwab Data Delivery and importing, or are you using the retail interface where you retrieve transactions? If you're using Schwab Data Delivery, open up the .TRN file in a text editor, and see if you see the dividend in the file? If you're using transaction retrieve, take a look at the "xmldump.txt" log file, and see if the dividend is shown in there?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby gcm223 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 am

For Issue 1 -

The only investment in these accounts at the time this money hits is that money. It is usually the funding of a new account when this occurs. But it also happens with the clients that have automatic deposits.

Issue 2:
Dividend is not there, but it is in the old TRN file that you have told me not to download.
gcm223

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:13 am

Issue 1: If you have a specific case where you can reproduce this, why don't you call us, and we can look at it together.

Issue 2: If the dividend is not in your CRSccyymmdd.TRN file, then I would check the next day's file, and see if it got put in there? If you don't see a transaction in any of your CRSccyymmdd.TRN files, then you would need to contact Schwab and point out this problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions