Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Unable Price Update -- FidelityNetBenefits Mutual Funds

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Rounder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Hope this wasn't asked and answered. Using the search engine, I can't seem to find an answer for updating prices from a Fidelity NetBenefits portfolio containing mutual funds. The total value reflects only the price of shares at the initial transaction download. I can't seem to figure out how to refresh or update those prices using available tools.

The Portfolio/Properties/Transaction Retrieve Settings are set correctly, but I assume this is for new transaction updates only -- not prices.

Within this particular Fidelity Portfolio in FM, I've tried to point the Investment Properties/Internet Retrieve/Prices/Quote Server to Fidelity, but the servers listed are yahoo, etc... and doesn't list Brokerage Institutions for price updates in the same manner FM does for transaction updates.

Much appreciate it if someone might have a work-around for updating such Brokers whose proprietary fund symbols aren't listed on quote servers. Is there a way to perhaps refresh the downloaded transaction's current value to have the program extrapolate a daily updated price?

Thanks, Rounder
Rounder

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi Rounder,

If your mutual funds aren't quoted on any quote server, then you can get their closing prices by retrieving transactions. Just retrieve transactions, and "Finish" the retrieve even if there are no new transactions listed.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions