Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Stock Split Not Recording

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby B2B_Investing » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:29 am

Aloha Mark,

I am trying to understand why a past purchase of ALK (Alaska Air Group) is not recording the recent 2-1 split. FM is showing the pre-split price and number of shares while the brokerage account has the post-split price and share information.

FM appears to not be downloading the new price nor the new shares though both have reflected in the brokerage account via the broker's website. Yahoo and Yahoo (Historical) are set as the default quote servers. Is there a setting to toggle download of split information? Could it be a delay in updating the price servers?

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:09 am

Hi Jason,

Typically a split transaction would be retrieved from your broker, and not Yahoo. (The Yahoo (Historical) quote server does optionally retrieve splits, but only in the Professional and Advisor versions.) Sometimes splits come down from brokers as a transfer in or purchase of additional shares at a cost of 0. If this happens, it is best to delete that transaction, and manually record it as a split instead.

As far as the pricing goes, if you visit the quote server you're using with your web browser, does it show the correct post-split price? If so, and you're not getting that retrieved with Fund Manager, please let me know the ticker symbol and quote server you're using, and we will take a look.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:17 am

Aloha Mark,

It populated yesterday afternoon. I was just surprised by how long, from the day of distribution to importation into Fund Manager, the transaction took. My presumption is this is a combination of the reconciliation period and the broker. The shares split correctly and the price updated accordingly.

Thanks
Jason
B2B_Investing

Return to Prices and Transactions