Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Assigning Investments Manually to Cash Account

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby TonyWSAE » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:12 am

Mark Hi,

If you have CHF as your default, and in a USD investment you enter a transaction with a transaction specific exchange rate, that will cause the amount of the cash CHF entry to be adjusted accordingly

I wish the problem were that simple. I was entering the transactions in the only way FM allows.

If you enter the transaction first, and then set your currency settings later, this will not change your recorded transactions.

Being able to enter a specific exchange rate USD to CHF at the time the investment is first added is not possible the XChg rate box within FM does not appear at least not in the Personal version of FM I'm using 2014.13.2.

It's only possible to enter the investment specific xchg rate by re-editing the investment in the data register after entry. That works when FM is working as it should. But this is the 3rd time I have had the problem of entering data into the X-chg rate box and it having no effect on the cash amount deducted.

I started using different *.mm4 portfolio files and separate dat folders for the data because I didn't want any problems that might occur in the CHF base currency portfolio from screwing up the GBP default currency portfolio. I spent a long time entering the data and had enough problems setting up the first portfolio.

I have bought the program now so want to persevere with it. But the next time I create a new portfolio I'm going to write down every step to see if I can replicate the problems I am experiencing. I will look into currency templates ... thanks
TonyWSAE

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:33 am

Hi TonyWSAE,

Yes, you are right that the "New Investment" dialog doesn't allow you to enter a transaction specific exchange rate. You can create the new investment with 0 shares, and then go record your purchase after creating the investment.

If you have troubles, and need help getting started, you can call us, and we can do a quick web session.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Prices and Transactions