Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

can i update only existing investments?

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby alciati » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Update prices takes very long as I have a large long file and many investmenst have been sold.
Can I update only the existing investments with shares>0? can you add this function?

thanks for the good work

Andrea
alciati

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi Andra,

This function is already available. You can turn off the price retrieve property for investments that have been sold. See "File / File Operations / Hide Sold Investments...". This dialog can be used to hide, and also turn off price retrieve, for investments you no longer own.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alciati » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:05 pm

thanks. I did it, but in this way I have hidden also FX as they are with 0 shares also. Can I go back and cancel the hidden or do it one by one per investment? thanks
alciati

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:07 am

Hi Andrea,

Yes. Temporarily turn on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" so you can see your hidden items. Then, for the FX investments you want to un-hide go to "Investment Properties... / Other" and un-check the "Hidden" attribute. You can then turn back off "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios".

If you keep your FX investments in a separate sub-portfolio, that will allow you to run the "Hide Sold Investments" command in the future, without affecting these. Notice, you can choose which sub-portfolio to operate on when hiding sold investments. Or, you can manually hide the one's you want, using "Investment Properties... / Other".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions