Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Ccy in transactions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby milli1905 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:24 am

Hi Mark,

I have an issue with balancing the transaction value in FM and the corresponding value in the custody account. This leads back to the exchange rate.

When booking trades in the data register I have no option to enter the exact FX rate used for the transaction. I have only the option to set one FX value for each day, so if I have, let's say, transactions in 10 portfolios in one day I will have incorrect value in 9 portfolios.

I trade in equity noted in 7 different currencies, so whenever a trade is made in a currency different from the portfolio currency I get a valuation error. In a portfolio of e.g. 2 MEUR the exchange rate error can be quite substantial.

Do you have a solution or a work around for this issue?

Milli
milli1905

Postby Mark » Fri May 16, 2014 9:04 am

Hi Milli,

What version of Fund Manager are you using? In the current version you can specify transaction specific exchange rates. When an investment is assigned to the non-default currency, and you enter a transaction, there is a check-box in the lower/left called "Specify Exchange Rate to Default:". If you check that, you can then type in the exchange rate to be used for that transaction. This is independent of your global exchange rate settings.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby milli1905 » Sat May 17, 2014 2:42 am

Hi Mark,

I'm using 12.9. I just installed 2014.13.1 on another computer and the FX function is exactly what I need. I see that there's a new key "XRATE" for generic imports. I'll add that to the import string and run a few tests before I do the upgrade.

Thanks Mark, this function made a world of difference for FM.

Milli
milli1905

Return to Prices and Transactions