Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Update of single price

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby fundman247 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Hi Mark,
I notice in FM vers 13.1 when one updates a single price the price block is blank. In previous vers the last available price was shown. One could thus see if the price you want to update is indeed the correct price or not.

I see when one update multiple instruments the last prices are still shown as before.

By having a blank block one will have to go to the price data stack to check if the price is correct for a certain date.

I found the previous versions method less typing work by at least having the last price shown and only changing the last few digits.

Please comment on the reason for making it blank.

Regards.
funman247.
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi funman247,

When manually entering a new price, the price field is defaulted to be empty. As you mentioned, in older versions it defaulted to fill in the last price. Based on feedback, we changed this. Since the price usually changes, it required you to erase the filled in price first, and then type in the correct price. So, this change was made to help reduce necessary keystrokes. Sounds like you preferred it the other way...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby fundman247 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:07 pm

It is fine with me if it is blank and others see it as the better way. For me it was also a way of seeing I have a price for the day. Due to prices not moving up a lot in one day if the the previous day was 5669.8 most of the times one with just swipe the mouse over the last 3 digits and over type. May be if one was manually updating many days prices then the blank would be better.

If one looks at the latest price and one opens the update price and the price is correct then one has to take no action. The way it is now one must type the whole price even if it is already up to date - because it's not visible.

Regards.
fundman247.
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi fundman247,

Okay, thanks for the feedback. There are trade-offs either way I guess...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions