Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

forex

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby alpappy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:42 am

HI Is there any way I can show in reports each coupon and the exchange rate for that transaction ie if there are 4 payments I one year for 100 USD show each and the NZD conversion rate on that day thanks
alan
alpappy

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi Alan,

Sorry, there isn't a good way to do this. You can run a report that shows all these transactions, but not with a column that shows specifically the exchange rate for each transaction date. You can of course use the "View / Exchange Rate Adjusted" option and see the values in either native or default currency.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alpappy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi Thanks also I note in reports that I create when I use the beg exchange rate and final exchange rate although the report start and end dtes are six months apart both exchange rates are the same is this an error in the prog or am I doing something wrong
thanks

Alan
alpappy

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi Alan,

They will be different if you're using an exchange rate investment in this case. If you're using a fixed exchange rate they will be the same. Double check your currency settings under "Options / Currency Settings...". Make sure you have an exchange rate investment assigned. Also check that your exchange rate investment has recorded closing prices for the dates in question. The daily closing price of an exchange rate investment is used as the exchange rate between the 2 currencies.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alpappy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi Yes I have assigned currency pair for the investments Where do I look for closing rate on that day Can I use historical server eg Bloomberg to update and correct the closing rates for the days in question
alan
alpappy

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi alan,

Use the Data Register and view the data type of "Prices" for your exchange rate investment. If you are missing exchange rates you can backfill them by retrieving historical prices from Bloomberg. There are tips for doing this here:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq_ ... wnload.php
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alpappy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:50 pm

thanks all good now!
alpappy

Return to Prices and Transactions