Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fidelity Investments - Cash Acct Retrieve Issue

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby ssuravarapu » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:27 am

I have a brand new Fidelity investments account with all dollars in cash account (FDRXX). [I did not trade any stocks yet]. Account connects fine with FundManager but I don't see the balance from the cash holding. Currently my sub-portfolio related with this account is showing no balance!

Any pointers on how to go about?

Thanks!
ssuravarapu

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 am

Hi ssuravarapu,

How did you set up your account? Did you use the New Portfolio Wizard, and retrieve "Transactions and Positions"? Did you see an option to select a default cash account and select it?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ssuravarapu » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:04 am

Mark,

Under Default Cash Account -- this cash reserve FDRXX will not show up as it is not in the Fund Manager yet. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
ssuravarapu

Postby ssuravarapu » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:14 am

Mark wrote:Hi ssuravarapu,

How did you set up your account? Did you use the New Portfolio Wizard, and retrieve "Transactions and Positions"? Did you see an option to select a default cash account and select it?

Hi Mark,

I just tried giving it another shot by creating new Portfolio (sub-portfolio under master). Default Cash Accounts drop down shows "None". That's understandable because FM does not know about this new cash account (FDRXX). It connects fine with my credentials but the cash account is not shown :(
ssuravarapu

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:21 am

Hi ssuravarapu,

It sounds like you are manually creating your own sub-portfolio, and not using the New Portfolio Wizard to retrieve "Transactions and Positions"? If so, that is fine, you can do it that way, but you can only retrieve "Transactions" this way. If there is no transaction history of a deposit into your default cash account, you will need to create this new investment manually, and then assign it as your default cash account. To do this manual approach, right mouse click on your sub-portfolio, and choose "New Investment...", create your FDRXX cash investment, and then in the properties of the sub-portfolio, you can then assign it as your default cash account.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ssuravarapu » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:28 am

Got it, you rock! Thanks for your help. I just did the automated "New Portfolio" wizard from File menu.
ssuravarapu

Postby erum » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:43 am

I have an older version (9.6) that doesn't have a file option for "Set data location" under File Operations. Assume that comes in a newer version?
erum
erum

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:25 am

Hi erum,

Correct, that feature was added in current the 12.x versions.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions