Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retrieving Transactions from RBC Wealth Management

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby janfl133 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:47 am

Last Saturday I was able to retrieve transactions, today I cannot. I am running Personal Version 10.9, quote module 431, transaction module 161.

FM states: The OFX server reported no accounts are available to retrieve for this user ID.

I am able to log into RBC as usual.

Other Brokerage houses worked.

Please help.
janfl133

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:09 am

Hi janfl133,

We only support updating the price/transaction modules for the last 2 major versions. Currently, this means we update versions 11.x and 12.x. We aren't providing updates to your 10.x versions anymore. We don't do anything to prevent you using the older price/transaction modules, but if updates become necessary you would need to be on 11.x or 12.x to get free updates. The current transaction module is 177.

Since your account retrieve was just working recently I would suspect that having an outdated transaction module is not the problem, but I'm not sure. If you wait a day, and try again, does the problem still happen? If so, we can help you debug the problem by looking in the log files, but before we spend time doing that you will need to try using the latest transaction module to verify that this issue hasn't already been fixed by one of our updates.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby janfl133 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:34 am

I waited 2 days and it is still happening. I contacted RBC and they do not support FM.

I am not sure what this means: "but before we spend time doing that you will need to try using the latest transaction module to verify that this issue hasn't already been fixed by one of our updates." I have the latest transaction module you will let me download.

Could you: "help you debug the problem by looking in the log files"?
janfl133

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:00 am

Hi janfl133,

You might contact RBC again and ask them for instructions on retrieving into Quicken. Fund Manager uses the same method, where it retrieves from their OFX server. Whatever instructions they give you for Quicken you can use the same login details in Fund Manager.

Let me try to explain better what I wrote previously about supporting the last 2 major versions only. It takes time/effort on our part to maintain these quote/transaction modules. We do this as part of your purchase of the software, but only for a limited time. We average a new major version about every 1.5 years. If you'd like to keep current on these modules, you should plan on upgrading at least every other major version (~ 3 years). These upgrades help pay for the resources required to maintain these changing modules.

We are no longer providing updates to the 10.x versions, as we are currently on 12.x. The last version you can download with 10.x is not the last available update. Before spending our resources tracking down something that may have already been fixed, you will need to test it out with the latest transaction module available (177). If you don't want to buy an upgrade, you can use the trial version of 12.x. If you do this, please make a backup copy of your data files before using 12.x, in case you want to go back to 10.x. The 12.x versions use a newer file format from 10.x, and you will be prompted to convert your data the first time you open 12.x.

Having said all that, since it was working a week ago, I would suspect the issue will not be fixed with an updated transaction module. We haven't had to made any changes to the module over the last week. I would suggest contacting RBC again, and asking them for instructions using it with Quicken, and then apply those same settings in Fund Manager.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby janfl133 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:46 am

This is what RBC replied:

"Open Quicken > Add an account > select investment > type RBC > enter username and password from our site > accept all.

Those are the steps in quicken on what to click."

I do not see how that would relate to FM. It was working a little over a week ago and now it is not.
janfl133

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:48 am

Hi janfl133,

Okay. Please try another retrieve of only this account, and right after it fails email me your "ofxretr.txt" log file. You will find this log file in the hidden folder here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager

Your forum email is not working, so I can't email you our address. You can go to our Email Us page, and send us an email, and after you submit it, you will see our email address, where you can send an email with the attachment. Alternatively, if you fix your email address in the forum, I can send you an email that you can reply to. To fix your email, click on "User Control Panel / Profile / Edit Account Settings".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Jan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:45 am

Hi Mark,

I updated FM this morning and now I cannot receive transactions from RBC again. I received the following message: Post HttpSendRequest WinInet error code: 12031 Message: The connection with the server was reset.

When I look for the file: ofxretr.txt, the only one I find is the one dated 1/12/2011 which I have already sent you.

I would appreciate your help.
Jan

Postby Mark » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Jan,

What version of Fund Manager and what transaction module are you using? See "Help / About...". Also, this sounds like it may be your firewall blocking Fund Manager's access to the internet. If you choose "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates...", does that work okay? You might check any firewall software you're using, and make sure Fund Manager has permission to access the internet. When you updated the program, the Fm.exe was updated, and some firewall programs detect this change, and deny access until you specify again that it is okay for that program to access the internet.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Jan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:24 am

FM-for Windows Personal Version 12.7, quote mod 457, trans. mod. 182.

I don't see how it could be the firewall since all other brokerage houses were retrieved as well as prices.

Now, when I check for updates it says I am up to date.
Jan

Postby Mark » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:14 am

Hi Jan,

I would agree since you were able to access other brokerages, it wasn't a firewall problem. We've just released an update to address this change. Please use "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." to download transaction module 183. Please try the transaction retrieve again with this module, and let me know if it doesn't resolve the problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions