Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Sector Allocation Report question

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby rminoak » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 pm

Hello,

I like the Sector Allocation Report and how I can choose whatever timeframe I want, i.e. year-to-date, month-to-day, 12 months, etc. I find it very useful information and for other comparisons. It shows the Beginning Value and % and the End Value and % for each sector and the resulting Gain for each (including anything invested/sold and if any distributions occurred).

But when I click on one of the sectors to get the next level report, a Portfolio Value Report pops up and shows the holdings within the sector I chose and shows the price, shares and Value based on the End Date only of the Sector that I chose (not the Beginning Value and % and other columns in the Sector Allocation Report). Is there a way for me to get the same columns as the Sector Allocation Report when I click on one specific Sector so that the next report pops up with the holdings within that sector and same columns as the Sector Report rather than a Portfolio Value at the End Date only? I haven't looked at making a custom report (not sure if I can), but thought I would ask the question about the Sector Allocation Report.

Thank you.

Rob
rminoak

Postby Mark » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:19 am

Hi Rob,

You can't change the behavior of what happens when you click on a line item in the Sector report, it will always create a Portfolio Value report filtered by the clicked on sector. You could however, choose "Edit / Report Settings..." and change that Portfolio Value report to a Portfolio Performance report. The date range settings should already be set, and that report does show a beginning value, ending value, and gain, closer to what you have in the original Sector Allocation report. You can of course also create a Custom report and memorize it, assigning it a name for easy recall.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rminoak » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:51 pm

Thank you. I will check that out. Much appreciated.
rminoak

Return to Reports