Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

How to register professional income

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Arrow » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:40 am

Dear Mark I'm trying to keep track of my professional income with FM PRO.

I've created a CASH SECURITY with the name PROFESSIONAL INCOME and a share value of 1 and then when I receive my professional income I record it as a dividend and I transfer it in my default cash account and on the opposite when I do have to pay taxes on my professional income I do register a negative dividend which is paid with my default cash account.
In this way I can see an oop historical gain of my professional income but the drawback is that my yelds are useless numbenrs and therefore when I view a whole picture of my investments and professional income the yelds are not reliable.

Another way to record my professional income and related taxes would be just to register them in my default cash account but then I would not be able to view exactly how much is my net earnings let's say for a certain year because I coul not extract those numbers.

Any suggestions to reach my goal ?

Thanks in advance
Arrow

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:43 am

Hi Arrow,

If you record them as positive/negative distributions, this will positively affect your yields, as it looks like you're earning distributions on the value of that investment. Some ideas:

1) Use buys/sells instead of distributions, and then you can determine your income by looking at the contributions/withdrawals.

2) Put this investment in a separate sub-portfolio, so it doesn't affect your investment sub-portfolio when calculating yields on your investments.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General