Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

An idea for an activity log

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Bruce » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:26 am

I'm looking at the Data Register for a particular stock that I just transferred from one brokerage to another. I made a Note (Data Type / Note) saying "Xfered from xxx to yyy completed 6/26/23." While I'm looking at the Data Types drop-down list, it dawns on me that if I (1) took full advantage of Notes and Alerts, and (2) had a data register window where I could see Prices interleaved with Notes and Alerts (when they were initiated, changed or deleted), then I'd have pretty much everything in FM that I currently keep in my paper notebook as a diary.

I'd also need a report where I could do "print" of that Data Register and any buy/sell transactions, with price is only shown the day I changed a Note or Alert. The report could be generated at different levels like "only this investment" or "this portfolio" sorted by time or by investment, and for multiple portfolios grouped under a folder. (ex, for symbol, show date, note, alert, buy / sell; and price where note, alert, buy / sell are not blank.)

I doubt this is a new idea but I don't see it under search for journal or log.
Bruce

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:22 am

Hi Bruce,

You can do most of this with the "Investment Transaction" report. It doesn't print daily closing prices, but it does print any transaction, and also notes and alerts.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General