Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Mobile/Web Access issues

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby pccnavy » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:50 am

Hi Mark,

I haven't been able to upload my holding since probably at least a year or two (obviously not a show stopper :wink: ) but, I'd like to get it working again.
I keep a password manager, so I tried using the account info, but no good. So, tried changing the password, still no good. I'm told that the account info successfully upated, but not able to login to the web portal, nor upload the holding, saying invalid sign-in. I've set my password manager to provide 20-character password, #'s and letters only, no special characters. I also tried 'helloworld' that i found in the forums (is there a specific username to use as well? And lastly, I don't think that I'm using any non-ascii characters in my investments or portfolios... quite a few to peel out, but I don't really have any foreign investments to speak of.

let me know if you need the username (not sure if that's linked to my FM info)

Thanks!
Pat
pccnavy

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:06 am

Hi Pat,

So, if you go to in Fund Manager to:

Options / Mobile/Web Access / Account Settings...

you can see both your Username and Password. Try setting both of these to something with just letters and see if you can't get that working. Once you press OK to this it should say it was updated successfully on the server. If so, it should then ask you if you want to upload your data. Say "Yes" to that, and see if you can upload your data successfully. If so, then go to:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/client/login.php

and login with the Username / Password you just set. Please make sure your password manager isn't changing this on you when you try to log in. If you still have troubles, please let me know on which step, and what you're seeing.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pccnavy » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:21 am

Mark,

Case closed, sorry for the inconvenience, but when I saw your reply, it kinda clicked with me to try to delete the account. Without changing the username or password, I checked the delete box, it said removed successfully, then I accidentally re-created the account with same username and password and it worked, and is working.

I sincerely appreciate it, FM is still a great one-of-kind product appreciated by this OCD geek :mrgreen: .

V/R,
Pat
pccnavy

Return to General