Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Possible improvement-Calculating list data

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby fundman247 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:34 am

Hi Mark,

I am finding in FM vers 13.1 that each time you adjust the width of a column in the Portfolio Editor one has to wait for <<Calculating list data>>

With a lot of instruments it can take up to 10 seconds for a task that did not change any instruments in the list.

Please investigate.

Regards.
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi fundman247,

Yes, it is re-calculating all the data in this case, which isn't necessary. We can see about optimizing this... If your Portfolio Editor is taking a long time to calculate, you may consider removing some of the list view columns, and making use of this data in a Report window instead. When doing portfolio/investment manipulation in the Portfolio Editor it is nice to have it be more responsive. You can close/open reports as needed, so as to not have to always have all this data being calculated when organizing things in your Portfolio Editor.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby fundman247 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

I only use about 10 fields but some columns are manipulated on a regular basis and those are the File name, Description, Account number, Symbol and they cause the waiting period.

These columns are normally small but need to be opened up to see the contents.

I see if one actually sorts any field there is no re-calculation. The sorting is the function I use more than opening up the columns. I find it easier to sort any column in the Portfolio Editor than using custom reports.

Regards.
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Return to General