Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Handling a Closed Account of an Active Client

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby elliots » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Mark,
A client closed a retirement account and withdrew the money. It was set up as a sub-portfolio under the client. I he hid the investments, but the name of the sub-portfolio shows up (empty) on reports. I'd like to keep it off current reports, but have it (and the investments) figure in any reports going back to the time it was active. If I go the the sub-portfolio properties and hide it, will it still figure in any calculation including the time it was active, and will the detail show up -- or will I have to remember to "unhide" the sub-portfolio anytime I do a report covering that time span. I don't think I want to "close" the sub-portfolio because then it's essentially gone for good. Is there an easy way to do what I want (suppress it from current reports, yet have it figure in reports for the time it was active)?

Elliot
elliots

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi Elliot,

Yes, just mark the sub-portfolio's property as being hidden. Hidden items always included in any higher level calculations, they just aren't explicitly listed on reports/etc.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General