Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio and Portfolio Autosave Failure

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rpat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:28 pm

I just reinstalled FM 2014 after converting from XP to Win 7. Everything seems to be working properly except that when I try to exit the program either by clicking on the X in the top right hand corner of the window or using the exit control under file, I get the following:

Access denied
followed by:
Portfolio autosave failed.

The program then proceeds to save two files in the folder I specified for autosave under options
TotalWorth_1.fmb
TotalWorth_2.fmb
where TotalWorth is the name of the portfolio.

I get similar results when I hit the save portfolio and backup all data controls. The save investments control seems to work properly

I am thinking that I may have used an improper file name when I first clicked on save portfolio, but a can't seem to get the program to give me another chance to try something else. I searched the disk for the filename I used and deleted each occurrence, but no change. By the way, I am logged on as administrator. Suggestions??
rpat

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi rpat,

Your portfolio file is the *.mm4 file. The filename is shown in the title bar of the program, or you can right mouse click on any sub-portfolio in the Portfolio Editor window and choose "Properties...". In the "Statistics" section see "Filename" to see the full path and filename of where you are currently storing your *.mm4 file. Make sure it is stored in a location where you have write permission, and the file isn't marked as read-only. If you restored from an XP machine using the original paths, you are probably storing your portfolio file in a path that isn't valid under Windows 7, like C:\Documents and Settings.... One easy way to clean this up is to use "File / File Operations / Set Data Location...". Browse to your "My Documents \ Fund Manager" folder, and let Fund Manager place everything here.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General