Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction history retrieval on E*Trade

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby tendimensions » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:34 am

I've been recommended your software for being able to do some great analysis of my portfolio. I've downloaded the trial version and it looks great so far!

During my retrieval from my E*Trade brokerage account it doesn't seem to be pulling transactions earlier than three months ago even though I set the date range to be much earlier than that. Is that an issue with E*Trade or am I doing something wrong with the software?

If there's no known issue with E*Trade retrieval I'm happy to keep exploring the program to see what I might be doing wrong.
tendimensions

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:47 am

Hi tendimensions,

Thanks for trying Fund Manager. This isn't unusual. I'm not certain how far back E*Trade keeps transactions available, but 3 months is not that unusual. When using the New Portfolio Wizard to retrieve transactions and positions, Fund Manager will retrieve all available transactions, and then make any necessary adjustment entries to get your current share balance correct. You can then go edit these adjustment entries to replace them with the actual historical transactions. For a little more detail, and an example case, see the "Retrieve Transactions and Positions" explanation in the online documentation:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/help/dlg_npw.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tendimensions » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks a bunch. I was poking around some more and was wondering if I could export my ETrade transaction history then import it manually. I can export up to 18 months of transaction history that way. Could that help get more history into Fund Manager?
tendimensions

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Hi tendimensions,

Yes, that may be a good option. What formats do they have available for export? If they have either an OFX or QIF formatted file, that would be the easiest. As a second option, if they have it in Excel, you can use the generic import, but that may require some data massaging before you can import it. See "File / Import / Transactions" for the available file formats.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General