Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

User Defined Asset Type in Cloud

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby alsnewli » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:11 am

I am running FM12.8. I believe I have correctly set up my data location in a cloud folder. I have user defined asset types for many of my positions. When I start program from the computer I set up the cloud folder with my asset types show as I have defined them and also pie chart with those names. When I start program in the cloud location from another computer my asset types show as User Defined 1, User Defined 2, etc. Wouldn't the user defined names for the asset types be saved with the data in the cloud folder? or do I need to link to some other files? Thanks.
alsnewli

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:30 am

Hi alsnewli,

You need to turn on "Portable/Cloud Mode" under "Options / General Preferences... / Data". Do this while on the computer where you have set up your asset type names as you want. This will then store all of your preferences in the folder with Fund Manager on the cloud drive, instead of in the registry on your computer. You should see a file called "fmprefs.txt" in your Fund Manager folder. Now, when you start Fund Manager from this location from any PC you will have the same preferences. For more details on this see the documentation on this portable/cloud mode feature:

http://fundmanagersoftware.com/help/portable.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General