Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Upgrading during trial

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby TechWriter » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:41 am

Hi--Yesterday I downloaded the trial for the Personal version, not knowing that it does not retrieve dividend transactions. So I would like to switch to the Pro version and continue the trial. Can I do this by uninstalling the Personal version and then downloading the trial for Pro version? I realize I will need to delete files myself as part of the uninstall process as mentioned in another post. Thanks.
TechWriter

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:32 am

Hi TechWriter,

You can simply just install the Professional version right over the Personal version. It is best to not uninstall the prior version, that way you don't lose any preferences you may have already specified. You can keep using any data you've already set up. The data files are compatible between all 3 different versions of Fund Manager. There is no need to delete your data when switching versions.

By retrieving dividend transactions, I think you are referring to the dividend data retrieved from Yahoo (Historical)? If so, yes, you need the Professional version for that. However, if you're retrieving transactions from your broker, that will retrieve all your transactions, including dividends, in any version.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General