Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Date Settings in Report Settings

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Good_Vibe » Wed May 14, 2014 11:25 am

I typically retrieve prices for the previous day's closing. Is there any way I can make the Report Settings Period to Start: on yesterday's date and End: on yesterday's date. This would do exactly what I want it to do for Tuesday-through-Saturday without multiple clicks to update month and day for Start: & End:

Since I own ETF's as well as mutual funds, I don't want the today's ETF prices updated until market close today.

Just a convenience feature if it exists.

Thanks, Phil
Good_Vibe

Postby Mark » Wed May 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi Phil,

If you memorize a report you can set the end date to "Float", and you can set the start date to be kept relative to the ending date. So, if you create a report that starts yesterday and ends yesterday, and then memorize this report with both those options checked, that should do as you want. When an end date "floats", it is set to the last date on/before the current date where you have pricing recorded.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Good_Vibe » Thu May 15, 2014 9:01 am

Mark:

Did as you suggested: that is, I created a report with beginning and ending date specified as yesterday (and I have pricing data in Fund Manager for yesterday). Checked both "Float End Date" and "Starting Date Relative to End" when memorizing the report.

This didn't accomplish what I wanted it to do in Fund Manager Professional 2014.13.1. What I get is a report with both starting date and ending date being today's date (and there is no data at this time in Fund Manager for today). This still forces me to patch two dates every time I utilize the report.

Maybe I didn't understand what you meant. If so, please advise and I'll attempt to implement it.

Thanks,
Phil
Good_Vibe

Postby Mark » Thu May 15, 2014 10:49 am

Hi Phil,

After further investigation, I realize I gave you incorrect information. The "floating" for memorized reports always floats to the current computer date. Sorry about that. I believe previous versions used to float to the default ending date, instead of the current date. It may make sense to offer this as an option in a future release.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Good_Vibe » Thu May 15, 2014 11:03 am

Mark:

No problem, I just wasn't sure whether I'd done something incorrectly.

I'll just set the day each time I bring up reports. I have several that I use daily.

Thanks,
Phil
Good_Vibe

Return to General