Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Hiding sold investments & multi-currency portfolios

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Exspextations » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:38 am

I'm a newbie to FM which is a great program, but there are a few things I would appreciate some help with:

1. How do I hide sold investments? I have followed the help information and selected: File / File Operations / Hide Sold Investments, selecting the appropriate options, but graphs of the sold investments are still shown and the investments are also listed in the Portfolio editor - I also selected not to update prices, but these continue to be updated. I have also tried tried hiding them by selecting: View / Hidden investments Portfolio and by selecting Investment Properties / Other / Hidden, but nothing seems to remove them.

2. What is the best way to set-up a multi-currency portfolio: a. all investments in a single portfolio with appropriate exchange rate 'investments' to convert to base currency or b. to set up sub portfolios for each separate currency?

3. My base currency is GBP, but I have a portfolio that contains only EUR investments - I have set-up the investments with EUR as the currency and a GBP/EUR exchange rate. Within the portfolio the prices / values are quoted in EUR, but how can a produce a report at a Master Portfolio level in my base currency (GBP?).

Grateful for any help with the above.
Exspextations

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:34 am

Hi Exspextations,

1) It sounds like you are doing the right things. There is an FAQ on hiding sold investments here:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq_hide_sold.php

You can either manually mark an investment as hidden with "Investment Properties... / Other / Hidden" or use the "Hide Sold Investments..." dialog to do it in bulk. Either way, verify that the "Hidden" attribute is checked, and then turn OFF "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios". You need to have the investment marked as hidden, and also not displaying hidden investments.

2) Either way is fine. The separate sub-portfolio method is most useful when you have separate default cash accounts, one for each currency. In this case, having separate sub-portfolios by currency allows you to specify a different cash account for each currency.

3) Just turn on "View / Exchange Rate Adjusted". When this is on, everything is displayed in your default currency. The settings that control how each non-default currency is adjusted to the default currency are set under "Options / Currency Settings...". In case you haven't seen it, there is a tutorial on setting up multiple currencies here:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/tuto ... video.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General