Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

quote function malfunction

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby frankpazulski » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:02 am

Hey Mark, currently running 2014 advisor trial, when I am updating historical quotes and let it run during regular market hours for 5 minutes and returned to screen, I had a long stream of messages reading not able to retrieve because it is already in progress, please wait for the current retrieve to complete. It keeps adding an additional message every 2-3 seconds and it becomes a long string of messages. I have to close them one at a time but a new one is replaced in its place. Any ideas.
Best regards,
Frank
frankpazulski

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:10 am

Hi Frank,

Do I understand correctly that you've set it to automatically retrieve every so many minutes, but a single retrieve is taking longer than this minute specification?

Is there some reason you're using the automatic retrieve to get historical quotes? Usually this is used to get current quotes during the day. Once you get historical quotes once, it isn't generally necessary to request them again.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby frankpazulski » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:54 am

Auto retrieve is set for current quotes thruout the day, (nonhistoric). I manually updated the portfolio for historic for the last few days during market hours. As it updated historic prices the automatic quote server tried to update current prices as the historic server was completed but not closed. Hope this helps explain it.
Frank
frankpazulski

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:56 am

Hi Frank,

Ahh, okay. We will take a look at this. Sounds like the error messages need to be a little smarter...

For now, if you're going to do a historical retrieve that takes a long time, please first turn off the automatic retrieve. You can turn it back on once you're done.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby frankpazulski » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Thanks Mark, I remember this same issue a few years ago during one of the updates if this helps. It will occur as long as the current quote server kicks in and the historic server is not closed (message window says how many quotes were updated, but ok button was not clicked yet).
Frank
frankpazulski

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi Frank,

This has been fixed for the next release (v2014.13.1). Thanks for pointing out the problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby frankpazulski » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:57 pm

No problem Mark, thanks for the follow up. Love what you have done with the new release.
Frank
frankpazulski

Return to General