Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Quote Module not digitally signed

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Tom Kehrwald » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:21 am

I recently moved FM to a new computer. It is installed on the E drive. Every thing normally works great, except that I frequently get this message when trying to update prices:
"Quote module is not digitally signed. Please re-install Fund Manager." I have re-installed a couple times and then retrieving prices works fine for multiple portfolios, until the next time I try to retrieve prices. I am using the latest version of the quote module.

From an earlier, similar question of a user, I checked the properties of inteng12x.dll. It is signed and the certificate says from 1/31/2013 to 2/1/2016.

Thanks for any help.
Tom
Tom Kehrwald

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:38 am

Hi Tom,

Are you using a 12.x version of Fund Manager? If so, then inteng12x.dll is the right file to check. You want to look under the "Properties..." of the file, and then on the "Digital Signatures" tab. Select the one digital signature, and press "Details...". It should say in bold that this signature is OK. If not, try going into IE, and choosing "Settings / Internet Options... / Advanced / Reset...". Re-boot, and check again.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Tom Kehrwald » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi Mark,

I did what you said and the digital signature is OK. Resetting IE to its defaults did not resolve the issue.

However, I think I now see a clue to what is wrong. I installed FM into E:\Fund Manager and everything is there, including fm.exe. All works well, including quote module, if I directly execute that fm.exe.

Somehow the desktop contained a copy of fm.exe, not a shortcut to the intended fm.exe It works well for everything but quotes. I have no idea where fm.exe was looking for the quote dll, but the error was misleading. I deleted the desktop fm.exe and replaced it with a shortcut to my installation file. It works.

Tom
Tom Kehrwald

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi Tom,

Great, glad you resolved it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General