Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

using FM 2013 and 2014 in parallel

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby gbfabiani » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi, I am using FM in cloud mode, with the software installed in the same folder with the Data.

Would it be possible ( for a while) to keep the 2013 release working, to install in a separate folder FM14, make a few trials and so on and eventually upgrade the original folder ( and the files) at a later date ?

thanks
regards
giovanni
gbfabiani

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:40 am

Hi giovanni,

Yes, you can do this. Just install the 2 different versions into separate folders, and make a copy of the data for each version. They each would work on their own set of data. Once you save data in the new 2014 format, the older versions won't be able to read it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby gbfabiani » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:10 am

Hi Mark, just a few more details.

I install FM2014 in a new folder, and than I copy-paste in the new folder my investment and my portfolios. I have to copy the fmprefs.txt as well. Any other file to copy ??

Or, do I have to make first a full copy of the current folder, open the new one , and upgrade within the new one ??

thanks
regards
giovanni
gbfabiani

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:47 am

Hi giovanni,

You need the data, fmprefs.txt, and the program. It might be easiest to just make a copy of the whole folder that has everything, and then install the new version to the copy of the folder.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General