Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

How to book taxes

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby gbfabiani » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:06 am

I live in Italy, and we have to pay taxes on each transaction : 12,5 or 26% on each interest income, 26% on dividends , 35% on US stocks dividends. We also have to pay 26% tax on the difference between historical cost and current value each time we sell something.

Basically , banks do this job for us, so we receive a statement with gross interest, tax, net interest. And so on

To simplify my life, I book everithing net ( but I miss the info, how much taxes I did pay over time) . Everytime I book something, I could to book it gross, and than make a second recording with the tax amount. ( I saw it in a post here) . However it will be a lot of work , having many transcations to book.

Any possibility in future releases to have the recording screen(s) offering the possibility to book Gross and Tax and Net ( write two get the thirdo one) , a bit like the screen we use to buy bonds and book the accrued interests ??

thanks
giovanni
gbfabiani

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:57 am

Hi giovanni,

This is something we can consider adding in a future version. If we did add it, we would probably do it as an option, so only people that need these additional fields would see them. Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General