Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Importing From Interactive Brokers

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby danielf » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi,

I am new to Fund Manager and have been struggling to get a % return on my portfolio from transactions that I am importing from Interactive Brokers. I have downloaded 6 Microsoft Money OFX files from Interactive Brokers for the last 6 months since I started my portfolio with Interactive brokers. However, when I import these files to Fund Manager and create a performance report, the report results seem very off.

Does anyone have experience importing from IB? What is the best way to calculate a % return based on all of my transactions.

Thanks,

Dan
danielf

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi Dan,

As we've been discussing on the phone, you will want to reconcile your account after importing. Since IB doesn't have an OFX server, you can either manually reconcile, or you may be able to download a position file from IB, and reconcile against that. Reconciling compares your share balance in FM to the share balance reported by your broker. If the share balance on a given date differs between the two, then you need to look at your transactions in FM, and compare against the transactions reported by your broker. You may have missed importing some time period, or something else may have happened. Once you find a discrepancy you can then determine what went wrong with your download/import, and correct it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General