Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Setup Questions

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby 4Profits » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:22 am

Mark,
I had to recently restore my computer an while I had all my data backed up I lost many of the items I had set up.
The Investment Goals and asset types are not backed up with the portfolio. Is there any way to archive them so they don't need to be installed manually again.

I now keep the legend text as a text file in my data folder to put it back quickly but I cannot cut and past all of the type names.

Also now when I double click on an investment in my portfolio editor it brings up the data register not the graph of the investment like it use to do. how can I change that.

Finally I like to have my windows tiled across with the graphs on the left and the portfolio editor on the right just showing the portfolios as a tree and the investments of whichever portfolio I have selected. The graph is about 3/5 of the screen and is maximized to fit the area. When Fundmanager is shrunk with the box at the top, the editor disappears (It does not keep it's aspect ratio. the same when I move between monitors (Which are different sizes) is there any way to store the aspect ratio so when ever I restore or move Fundmanager I don't have to resize my windows inside the Fundmanager container?
4Profits

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:20 am

Hi 4Profits,

If you use Fund Manager's backup/restore functionality all of these preferences will be restored. It sounds like maybe you are just copying the data files only. Many of the program's preferences are stored in the registry. These registry preferences are stored with Fund Manager's *.FMB backup files, and also optionally restored when you do a restore. For tips on this, see:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/newcomputer.html

See the option at "Options / General Preferences... / Other / Action When Double Clicking an Investment in Portfolio Editor".

No, there is no option to maintain aspect ratio of the child windows once opened. These children windows (Graphs, Reports, Portfolio Editor) will retain their same size until you change it. They are stored in a relative size in the *.mm4 portfolio file, so if you were to take your portfolio file to a new computer, with a different sized monitor, they would open up with the same aspect ratio. However, once they're open, changing the frame window's size does not affect the child window sizes/positions.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General