Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Prices update failed

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby jcasey » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:15 pm

When I click on the Retrieve and Update Prices icon I get the following message:

Failed to Open intlog3.txt for writing. Check the file permissions for C:\........\intlog3.txt

I am unable to proceed from there.
Any suggestions?

John
jcasey

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi John,

Do you have that file open in some window? You can safely delete that log file (intlog3.txt) at the path mentioned in that error message. That may fix the permission problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jcasey » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Thanks Mark
I went in to delete that file but an update message came up. When I completed the update the price retrieval went ahead as usual.
I did not have the file open previous to the error message. I checked the permissions for it and nothing was out of order. If it happens again I will try deleting the file.

John
jcasey

Postby swisspm » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:28 am

Hi Mark
Every day, when Fund Manager automatically retrieves prices, I get the error message "Login Failed: 535 Incorrect authentication data". Please advise what I should do.
Thanks and regards
Pierre
swisspm

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:46 am

Hi Pierre,

It sounds like you have an email alert that is failing to be sent. You can either turn off the email alert option, or correct your email configuration settings, so that the email is able to be sent. Both of these options can be edited at "Options / Alerts...". See the "Configure..." button there to adjust your email settings. It sounds like your SMTP server authentication credentials need to be updated. Use the "Test" button to confirm your changes are working.

Alerts can be set on your investments, when the price crosses some threshold, moving average, or trailing stop loss you set. You can view all your set alerts in the Data Register under the data type of "Alerts".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby swisspm » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:14 am

Thanks Mark, all sorted.
Regards
Pierre
swisspm

Return to General