Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Lost New Sub Portfolios

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby steve at SFI » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:06 am

Yesterday I entered 2 new sub portfolios. I download transactions and reconciled accounts by downloading from broker. I have restored 2 difference backups from late yesterday and today and they still are not there. FM has been running very slowly. Where can I look for the files? Do you have any other ideas to locate them? I hate to lose yesterday's work.
steve at SFI

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:23 am

Hi steve at SFI,

Sub-portfolios are not stored as their own files. They are saved as part of your overall portfolio file (*.mm4). Maybe they are stored as a sub-portfolio of a higher level sub, and you need to browse around, or use the "Edit / Find Sub-Portfolio..." command of the Advisor version if you're using that. Do you always use the same portfolio file? What portfolio file were you using when you added these 2 new sub-portfolios? You would want to open up that same portfolio file. You can use "File / Open Portfolio..." to see if you maybe saved it to a different portfolio file.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby steve at SFI » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:07 pm

I only have one .mm4 portfolio file. I have looked in other sub portfolios and haven't found it yet. Maybe I will look for an individual investment for that account number.
steve at SFI

Return to General