Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fidelity reconciliation retrieval problem

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby drwehby » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:49 am

Hello Mark,
I've recently encountered an issue with my Fidelity personal brokerage reconciliation, perhaps related to the fact that for the first time I have both margin debt and a short sale positive balance. Fidelity shows this on the monthly statement as "debit balance" and "short balance", respectively, and the sum of these two is the value of the Core Account (in this case, FTEXX money market fund). On their brokerage website, the current values are shown in my account as "Margin Debit Balance" and "Short Credit Balance", respectively. When I reconcile manually against the Fidelity statement the share balances for FTEXX match those shown in Fund Manager. When I attempt to reconcile by downloading from Fidelity, however, the share balances for FTEXX from Fidelity reflect only the current "debit balance", without consideration of my "short balance". Is there something I can do retrieve the correct (summed) balances? I had been reconciling successfully via retrieval when I had margin debt, but prior to having a positive short balance. I've not yet tried to reconcile via retrieval having a positive short balance, but without any margin debt, as I've not been in that situation.
Thanks,
drwehby

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi drwehby,

Please take a look at the "xmldump.txt" log file right after a retrieve. You can email us this file, along with the margin/short balances you're expecting, and we can take a look. For help on finding you log files, see the technical details at the bottom of this page:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/tintrtv.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby drwehby » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your rapid reply. I'll email you the file tomorrow.
drwehby

Return to General