Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Heading definitions for portfolio

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby cah1942 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:46 pm

I want to be sure that the headings on my portfolio page are what I think they are. Can you define OOP Historical Gain; I think it is the difference between what I paid for a stock and the current price plus dividends and reinvested dividends. The other heading that I want to make sure of is Yield Since Inception; I think it is my total annualized return since my first purchase of a stock that would include any dividends and reinvested dividends. I looked at View; List Columns and clicked help but the definitions were not clear to me. Is there a better place to get detailed definitions? Thanks Chuck
cah1942

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi cah1942,

The online help is the best place to learn about this. You may need to follow additional links to see the definitions of OOP cost and how yields are calculated.

The OOP Historial Gain is how much you are ahead or behind since the inception. Any received dividends reduce your OOP basis. Reinvested distributions do not affect your basis, but would have an impact on the current market value. You might benefit from reading this:

http://fundmanagersoftware.com/help/def_oop.html

The Yield since inception is the ROI yield since the first transaction you made. If this time period is longer than 1 year it is annualized, otherwise it is not. For more, see:

http://fundmanagersoftware.com/help/yields_roi.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General