Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Changing asset types . . .

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Zix » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 am

I'm a new user. It shows all my securities including bond funds, foreign stock funds and even cash as "Large Cap Stock."

I tried to change them by right-clicking the security then Properties and Asset type, but no matter what I change it to it won't stick.
Zix

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:18 am

Hi Zix,

To change, right mouse click on an investment, and choose "Properties...". In the Investment Properties dialog, select the "Asset Type" tab. Select the asset type you want it to be from the list, and then press "Change %". Set it to 100% and press OK. Now, you will have 2 asset types set to 100%, so go hilight the one you do not want and change it to 0% so that the total % reads 100%. Press OK or Apply to this dialog.

You can also customize the labels of all the asset types. It is best to do this before assigning all your investments. You can do this under "Options / Category Labels...".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby williamsjones953 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:32 am

Thanks Mark for this guidance, It is nice to hear about how to change asset types by just clicking mouse right click button. But can you please tell me is that invested assets are always true their is no mistake in that data. I know handling assets is not a easy task it can handle by fund manager with the help of investment management software. I am further looking for more informative tutorial about fund management also.
williamsjones953

Return to General